Monday, July 17, 2006

Positivity

It's a good thing I am a person of faith. If I wasn't, the world would seem to be ending. The fighting in the Middle East, the earthquake, the fires, the heat. In my state, it was 117 degrees in the capital city on Saturday. That is too hot. I get up early these days, I always was a morning person, I remember tiptoeing around the dorm room in college so as to not wake my later waking roommates. Now, I just can't lie down for that long on my back, it hurts. Even with a hospital bed, I just need to get up and move around after 6 hours or so. I have been taking ibuprofen because I am out of meds. I have saved a couple of diazepam for a "rainy" day, get it? I am funny in the morning.

Yesterday, I finally got to enjoy a bit of a ballgame. I HATE to admit it, but I was going through withdrawal from not attending 2-3 games a week. Every summer for the past 15 years of my life has involved baseball in some way and I have come to accept it as the real summer. Yesterday, against my husband's wishes, I drove the van down to the ball bark and sat (with it running) and watched the last half of the game. This was a biggie. Two teams pretty much tied for the lead in our district, I just couldn't miss it. Even in the cool I was sweating and I couldn't help but think of those boys, ahem, men out on the ball field in the hot sun wearing polyester. We came out on top. It was a good game, I am glad I went. Go Muckdogs!

Mom and my sister and I are planning an impromptu visit to Texas next weekend. Hopefully if there are not any changes in my treatment schedule, it will be my GAP week and I will be feeling at the top of my game. It will be really great to see my aunties and cousins, some of whom I have not seen in many years. I may have to take a sabbatical from blogging, unless I can convice mother dearest to bring her laptop....

I was very hungry yesterday, this is something sort of new and I hope it is a sign of wellness. Many of the books I am reading talk about the importance of nutrition in cancer therapy and I really want to eat what is good for me, but who can resist chocolate frosted brownies? But really, I am going to concentrate on taking vitamins and eating good foods so that I can kick this cancer in the behind. I read earlier this morning that over half of all cancer patients are supplementing their chemo with nutritional or other therapies, like acupuncture, or massage, or my hot house that I mentioned in an earlier post. I figure, the more the merrier, and if it helps me relax or get better or even be cured faster than WHO HOO! Really the goal here is to survive. I am up for anything that will help me achieve that. Today's lesson = Positivity!

No comments: