Tuesday, July 29, 2008

whilst dreams of vacations danced in my head...

It's 11:30 pm. The game is in the 9th inning. It will probably be over by the end of this post.

The first inning was perfect. After that everything went down hill. It was painful. My husband was pitching and I could feel his pain as the opposing team scored 7 runs. I heard myself meditating quiet cheers for each player as they stepped up to bat.

In the bottom of the eighth we finally got our chance. With bases loaded and two outs JK (my hero) got a grand slam, but only after I whispered silently to myself, "if anyone can do it you can - hit that ball with every fiber of your being"...

We scored 9 runs in the 8th inning to win 10-7.

V I C T O R Y

I guess the cheers really work, eh?

Keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Good grief. Tell them that they're killin' me. SO glad I wasn't listening, I think those games shorten my life.

carey said...

rani, i just caught up on your blog and it's funny that we were both doing the same thing all night. i nearly called you after jake's big hit...but it was 11 pm...good to know you couldn't turn it off and go to bed either.