Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Darkness to Light...

The darkness is...closing in on me. I have to do lists looming, birthday party disaster hangovers, weather woes that cancel holiday gatherings and force early work for daddy, crabby babies, dirty laundry...it's really dark here.

I am lost. It feels as if my eyes cannot open. They are stuck closed. I cannot see the light, nor feel it.

I read the verse for the day, the advent devotions. I try to anticipate the light. My soul is lonely today. It aches.

I yearn for the WORD to be heard in my heart to be felt, to be heeded. I pray that my brain can relax and remember the events of our dear Savior's birth and not be boggled with the darkness and ick.

I read the mail, see the happy family pictures, read the greetings and giggle at the funny stories. I feel lighter even if just for just a moment.

Lord help me to see the light. Help me open my eyes and my ears to the Joy of the World...

Come Lord Jesus, COME!

The Light has come into the world...

... those who follow the true way come to the light, and it shows that the things they do were done through God."


John 3:18-21

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nothing matters but Jesus, Rani. Not a single thing. It took a snowstorm for me to get there, I'm praying for you to get there, too.

bobbione8y said...

hi Rani! thinking of you today.

Merry Christmas! today is bright! i am praying that you find joy and happiness in God today, and that your family has a wonderful, special holiday.

you are a wonderful woman...i love that you are my friend :)