Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Multitudes 838-848

It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening...You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done, O Lord, What great works you do! And how deep are your thoughts. Psalm 92:2, 4-5

Feelings help us identify what is going on in our lives and all around us. But, feelings can be our enemy, too. If we dwell in them too long or lose perspective by thinking of how we feel about something. We can get stuck and focus on past failures, here and now struggles and the fear of what may come. How can we get out of this funk? Take our eyes off ourselves and set them on the Lord. As we look to God's greatness and goodness, His Spirit infuses us with hope about what He will do in our lives!

Having been a patient of chemotherapy where I visited the infusion center twice monthly, I can relate to the power of the word. I pray that I will be infused by the healing power of the Holy Spirit to change my attitude.

Today Lord I have so many blessings. Help me to focus on You and not me;

a few new reads; Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst, that was written for me I think, Run like a Mother by Dimity McDowell, and Divine by Karen Kingsbury, my new favorite author

a schedule too busy to realize I am a single mom this week

making quilt tops with wonderful neighbors

finding the time to listen to my ipod and be infused

holding my tongue, Lord give me strength to not say the words that I feel

apoligizing for losing my temper and being forgiven by a two year old, "It's okay, mom are you a happy mom now?"

biting my tongue, it is just those evil feelings getting in my way, I need an infusion

friends who ask how I am and really care about my answer, I wish I was half the friend my friends are to me

chewing on my tongue, Lord thank you for teaching me patience and helping me not fly off the handle

sibling dish doers who do not argue while they wash, rinse, dry and put away...they earned four scoops of ice cream for getting along so well

Sunday morning breakfast with the family

soft blankets and cuddly toddlers

mint oreos :)

No comments: