Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Chemotherapy, Round 2 (ten more to go)



Two down, ten to go. Today went well. We were in at 9 and out before 1. On the way to the clinic I thought I had pretty much decided to cut off my hair and donate it to Locks of Love if it was long enough. But after talking to the nurse I figured it may be best to just wait it out. She said short hair is really messy and gets in your food when it starts to shed, with my longer hair, she said it may just thin a whole lot and get really patchy ugly and I can wear hats or scarves over it. So I don't know what to do. I am just going to wait and see.

We almost didn't make it on time. The construction around the hospital blocked every road completely surrounding the clinic. Someone actually moved one of the road barricades so we could get through, it was nuts.

My hemoglobin is really low, so I go some iron supplements to take every day. Other than that I am tired. I had to pee so much during the chemo that one time I stepped on my iv and almost pulled my medicine out of my chest. I am such a dork. Dh was right there with me or I would have pulled the whole needle out. YIKES. I am tired and he is screaming at me to take a nap, so I am signing off for now.

No comments: