Thursday, August 31, 2006

Something new every time...

I think the hardest thing about this whole ordeal is the inconsistency of my reaction to each treatment. Each time it is very different and that makes it hard to plan your life around. Tuesday evening was my roughest night in awhile. I spent most of the night and early morning pacing the bathroom waiting for something to happen. Finally after listening to my stomach for over an hour I decided maybe I was hungry. So I had a bowl of cereal and felt much better. I can't even translate my own symptoms! I went to bed about 4:30 am and slept until 9 on Wednesday morning. I was tired yesterday, but that was it. I did pop a couple of Zofran to keep the nasties away. Last night I slept like a rock. I went to bed about 10:15 and just woke up just now, at 7:45. Because I never know how my body will react to chemo, this time I made plans. We are going into the big city to get my dd a haircut and meet a friend for lunch, then I am due back here to help out a bit at the daycare. I think it's actually easier when I have something planned. I just tell myself you gotta get up and go, you got things to do. Otherwise I may just crawl back into bed and be miserable all day. Other things that are new this time; watery eyes and dry mouth. I know I'll get through this, but it would be a whole lot easier if I knew what to expect each time. My dh works today and then has the weekend off. The weatherman is predicting rain, which doesn't bother me. My oncologist said his biggest fear for me right now is West Nile. He said that there isn't a documented case of West Nile in a chemo patient and he doesn't want me to be the first. He suggested staying inside and if I have to go out, wear bugspray with deet. I can't believe August is over. This summer has flown by, hopefully the rest of my treatment goes just as fast.

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

I hope your treatments go by fast too. You are a strong person and I know you will beat this thing. I'm glad for rain too this weekend..good time to just get some things done at home. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet Rani,
It was nice talking to you today and every day I do. You are Gods sweet angel, so he is especially watching over you. I can't say I know how you are feeling but I can try to imagine and still not understand. I only pray for your recovery that you will feel whole again. I have been listening to tapes, cd's and reading what wonderful miricles happen with the chi and hothouse. Please keep using them........(YOU Will Be Our Next miricle)
Love, Hugs and Kisses
Aunt Pam XOXOXO
PS. Hope this site brings a smile to your face! http://www.xanga.com/yorkie_pups