Wednesday, September 03, 2008

One thousand one hundred and seventeen

That's how many days in my almost 34 years I have been pregnant.

I am ready to be not pregnant...now.

Yesterday I made four trips to my sil's to drop off/pick up kids. Then I took my circus to the dentist. The baby wouldn't sit with anyone but me so I sat (all 25+ pounds of) her on my aching belly while the assistant cleaned my teeth. We got home and ate a hot (thank you, Lord for crock pots) supper and did homework and got ready for bedtime, which is the same time for everyone... even me.

My feet hurt, my shirts are too tight, and I crave chocolate hourly. I haven't seen my husband in almost 50 hours. The kids are driving my bananas. I need to do laundry but I can't bend over to sort. I can't see my toes. My belly bonks the sink when I do dishes. I can't unload the dishwasher without grunting in pain. The simple act of sweeping and mopping is painful.

I look forward to having this baby so I can have an excuse to sit for more than a minute and rest my aching butt.

Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings these past few years. I am not worthy. Actually, I am sort of scared about managing all these blessings (especially the living breathing ones).

5 comments:

carey said...

you just sealed the deal. no more kids for me :)

K~ said...

thinking about you. K~

bobbione8y said...

yeah. the best thing about being pregnant is probably that for a short time you have the inability to GET pregnant :)

ha.

Karen said...

Oh, Rani. I think about you every time I am trying to fill the never-full stomachs of my teenager and pre-teens...I'm pretty sure you will look back fondly on the time when they were fed umbilically. I'll get to writing that book so I can set up a Feed Rani's Children Fund. It will include regular massages for their mother..

Unknown said...

Carey, the world is missing out another handsome jboy or who knows maybe a girl?

K- thanks :)

B- we are taking extra EXTRA precautions for the next 5 years.

K- I will probably need a fund for the family. My kids are pretty good eaters now, I can't imagine them as teeny boppers. I could really use the massages now...