Thursday, September 11, 2008

'sun' dried tomatoes...

I really need to make this sun dried tomato Alfredo recipe. But I am too cheap to buy the sauce or the maters so I have to make them myself. I will be using the dehydrator today...the oven is too hot (it's humid out there). I wonder if I can just freeze them or do I have to cough up the cash to buy some olive oil to store the 'maters in?

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
  2. Wash and halve tomatoes. Gently squeeze out the seeds. Place the tomatoes on a non-stick cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
  3. Bake until tomatoes take on a leathery texture. This could literally take all day; smaller pieces will require less oven time.

It's on the menu for Saturday. Tomorrow we have the Irish Bowl and will be eating out!

***if you have time go to http://www.keloland.com/sports/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Vote to see the Montrose/ Viborg game highlighted on SportsZone this Friday night! Go IRISH!

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

hey girl, i dried alot of tomatoes in the dehydrator this fall. i put 'em in a bag and store them in the freezer. then, a few at a time go into olive oil to get gooey.


works pretty well.