Monday, July 03, 2017

Home Field

"You don't need a ticket to see some of the best baseball in the world, you just need to drive one of the players to a game." Baseball has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I spent years driving all over this part of the state going to legion and amateur ball games, watching Ryan. I know how to get to more ballfields in the middle of nowhere than any person should. There is something special about the home field, isn't there? Especially when it kind of disappears from your life. I remember attending a state tournament while I was recovering from my surgery. It was too hot for me to sit in the stands so my father-in-law got me a tiny air conditioned room to sit in so I could watch the game. There were very few things that could stop me from watching. My oldest two children grew up at the ballpark. I remember Gavin hitting a plastic baseball off that Fisher Price toy T before he was a year old! He was born with the heart of a baseball player. Recently he told me, "I don't know why but I don't get nervous playing baseball. I get that way playing other sports but not baseball." He really loves the game, and I love watching him. Last night we were so blessed to be able to squeeze in a game on the same field where I watched his father play and his grandfather play. It was pretty special. Especially now since I know how extremely valuable life is. I love this quote. "Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off...the right pitch will come, but when it does, be prepared to run the bases." Rick Maksian







No comments: