Monday, April 11, 2011

Fettucini alfredo with ham, mushrooms and snow peas

Eat your heart out Pioneer Woman. This is what I do when I have lots of interesting (wierd) ingredients that I need to use up in the fridge.

 Saute.
 This is a beautiful shot of frozen snow peas out of order :)
 Add ham (according to my internet research ham is the common ingredients in South African dishes).
Add milk.
 Oops, forgot to add the garlic earlier and here is my fat thumb.

Bring everything to a boil, I prefer crunchy veggies so I waited to add my snow peas.

Add the cheap parmesan cheese :).

 Dump all the sauce and ingredients over the pasta and cheese.
 Stir gently.
Serve
to chapped cheek chilluns.
Hasn't the weather been gorgeous. Our skin is still adjusting:)

Ingredients:

1 box fettuccine (any pasta will work)

6 T butter
2 cups sliced cooked ham
1/2 pound sliced portabellini mushrooms

1-2 cups snow peas (mine were frozen)
1 cup cream (I used 2% milk :))

1 T. minced garlic
1 cup finely grated parmesan

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper

fresh parsley for garnishing


Directions:

1.Cook the fettuccine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until the pasta is al dente (not soft and mushy).
2.While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry the mushrooms and the garlic then add the cream, ham, and snow peas and bring to the boil.
3.Cook until sauce has reduced, or for about five minutes, stirring gently.

4.Remove from the heat.

5.Place pasta in a serving dish, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese then pour the sauce over the pasta to melt the cheese.
6.Gently mix the pasta and sauce together.

7.Season with salt and pepper.
8.Garnish with parsley and a little parmesan. Serve to chilluns:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

You're a food blogger!!!

Yummy. :-)

Unknown said...

I haven't posted a recipe in ages it feels like...I sure do love food :)

Bobbi said...

oh, i miss rani's food blogging!

looks good, except i am not super into ham. maybe just the shrooms and peas would suffice :)