Monday, January 18, 2010

Singlet news

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A wrestling singlet (or simply singlet) is a one-piece, tight-fitting, colored uniform, usually made of spandex, lycra, or nylon, used in amateur wrestling. The uniform is tight fitting so as not to get grasped accidentally by one's opponent, and allows the referee to see each wrestler's body clearly when awarding points or a pin. Unlike judo, it is illegal to grasp an opponent's clothing in all styles of amateur wrestling.

The Gavinator pulled out a 2nd place trophy at the invitational on Saturday. He was so proud, right before he went into his second match his cousin got a fat lip while wrestling. I thought for a fleeting moment that that moment might mean the end of Gavin's career, but instead he surprised me by pulling my arm and whispering into my ear, "I am gonna win this one for my cousin." And he did. Here is a sneak peek of part of that match.
Post a Comment