Sunday, May 07, 2006

Spring Planting


Well, April came and went and now school is almost out. We have been busy planting our garden and getting ready for Amateur Baseball. I have been subbing for a teacher on maternity leave at the colony. It is fun, but I am very busy again, neglecting my kids and my husband and my home. I am excited for the end of the school year to come. My husband's first ball game is this Thursday and then we will be playing twice a week all summer. I look forward to a little sunshine and swimming with the kids and a plentiful garden. This year we are trying to grow our tomatoes and peppers from plants, they are coming up, but I can't help but wonder if we will have enough to make salsa. We also planted lettuce, carrots, onions, beans, peas, squash, cucumbers, zucchini and sunflowers. The kids helped this year and they are full of excitement, it is a joy to see their faces as each little green spout that emerges. Maybe they will enjoy eating more veggies now, too?

No comments: