Monday, November 23, 2009

Manic Monday Multitudes

Not in the mood.
Her head got in the way of her brothers hammer.Beautiful even with three stitches...

Ever have one of those days, weeks, months, years?

This morning I woke up to a a two year old with a reddish blueish colored eye who did not want her photo taken. It seems in the craziness of yesterday she may have fallen down the deck steps, or something, and bruised her eye. That's what we came up with anyway. No one really has an explanation for it. But some of us vaguely remember her toppelling down the steps last night as the rest of us were busy cleaning out the garage and tending to the one year old.

Both the youngsters have a cough. It started on Thursday or Friday and has culminated into a snotty wheezy bark. The fever, when it appears, is only slight and the only other symptom is uber crankiness. When they cry or whine it sounds like someone is slowly releasing the air from a helium balloon. Pleasant it is not. I am trying to justify taking them in to the clinic for clear runny snot and a barky cough. Luckily my adorable hubby is a respiratory therapist and assures me we don't need call the doctor just yet, otherwise I may be slightly neurotic about the whole thing. Have you ever had to listen to two squealing balloons off an on for 5 days? Truly, I am sympathetic. They are only babies, but I am the kind of sympathetic with a headache:)

So this morning, when I had to rearrange some of my plans for the day, I got a little discouraged. Another day of not crossing the things off the list that really need to get done. Before I got too deep in my own pity I glanced at my verses for every day of the year and this is what it said...

ALWAYS BE JOYFUL. Always keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

So, I am reminded of One Thousand Gifts, Multitude Monday at Holy Experience, something I have wanted to begin for a long time...so here goes.

Gratititde, Thanksgiving, Praise

Thank you, Lord for;

1 manic Mondays that help me remember to be thankful
2 beautiful faces with three stiches and brown eyes and red eyelids and blue eyes
3 gatherings of family for thankfullness, dinner and photos(even with healing faces)
4 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
5 days to spend with my children, healthy or healing
6 apple pie that has yet to be made
7 cookies that failed this weekend and some that did not
8 freecyle finds and friends
9 crocheted hats and beautiful bows made by a loving sister
10 piles of laundry that may stay in piles for another day

holy experience

4 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice, Rani. I keep meaning to get over there and do that myself, but I think my selfish side just wishes I had thought of it first. Nice, huh? Very holy.

Unknown said...

I love your brutal honesty, Karen. Thanks for reading:)

bobbione8y said...

poor maleah! she does still look beautiful :)

i love that website rani, thanks for discovering it for us ;)

Unknown said...

I think so, too, B.

Happy Turkey day!