Monday, August 09, 2010

bountiful


This morning I put the cukes on ice so I could pickle them. Within minutes my neighbor called and said she was doing corn today and would we like to help. So six hours later I had three quarts of pickles and over 100 bags of sweet corn. Schwew!

Next cooking project...SALSA!!!!!
Mom has been dropping of some amazing tomatoes. They are HUGE. They taste delicious, too. But they are funny looking. She is using seed savers seeds and there are no hybrids in the mix. So when she brought in this tomato I almost couldn't believe it. Maleah calls it the Thumbs Up tomato. Thank goodness. Um, yeah, I had something other than a thumb in mind. We'll just leave it at that.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Thumbs up!

Between Maleah and Nora (and you!), I can't stop laughing!