Monday, August 09, 2010

Monday Multitudes # 453-470

...strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God. Acts 14:22

Any person who thinks that life will always be easy and happy is sadly mistaken. This is a test. A test of our will, our perseverance, our sacrifice, our dedication. There will be times when it is hard to think of something to be thankful for. Mornings when a tired mommy gets up with nothing on her brain but dark scummy thoughts left over from an awful mess of a week and with only another mess of a week to look forward to. It's times like these when counting blessings seems like running a marathon. Impossible. Yet, the simple act of thoughtful remembering and soulful searching clears a muddy brain better than anything else I can think of besides heartfelt, on your knees, prayers.

What I am trying to say is this. The process of assembling my gifts posts has helped to cleanse my brain and heal my broken parts. It is a great feeling. A small simple weekly step for thanking the LORD for such a gigantic gift of my life, my children and my Savior.

Thank you precious Jesus for;

the sun on my face

a breeze in the stifling heat

a red tomato

cucumbers many

green beans that just won't quit

sweet corn and kids who love to shuck it

a summer of baseball memories

watermelon and the one year old who adores it

canning neighbors

the hope of a new start

the countdown from two very excited elementary students to the first day of school

new backpacks

brand new shoes from the thrift store

new crayons

coupons that add up to over $50 in savings off my bill

having time to use my coupons...even if it wasn't planned

lime green shirts with brown spuds on them

an awesome event in the works - spudtasticalafragilistic!

No comments: