Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nerve endings

For the last ten days or so I have had this twitch on the left side of my face. It started coming and going during the day and has pretty much evolved into a full spasm all day long. It is annoying at the least and last night I actually drooled on myself. So, I believe it is getting worse. AND, my hubby said, "your face is really screwed up,". So this morning I called the doctor, made an appointment and dropped the girls off at the super neighbor's house, actually she picked them up for me :)

Doc, whom I trust more now than ever considering my health history, says it is more than likely a viral infection called Bells Palsy. Which, I assume, sounds a lot scarier than it is. Got two kinds of medicine to fight the infection and a steriod for whatever steroids do.

Tomorrow the doctor scheduled a MRI for my brain just to be sure it is what he thinks it is. I am a little nervous but that is my nature. If you happen to get a moment to talk to the Creator today, could you put in a good word for me? I know He has it all planned out, but I could use a little peace that passes all understanding until the test results get back.

Seems this palsy stuff is all about the nerve endings in my face stemming from my brainstem. So I hope and pray that it corrects itself but in some cases the damage can be permanent. I hope and pray that mine is not the latter.

Thanks for your prayers.

6 comments:

bobbione8y said...

Rani! praying! my goodness, I really hope you get a vacation soon. this is a ton of stuff going on in your life.

Thankfully, none of it too big for Him. I'll pray for full healing by the morning ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Bobbi! Like my doctor said this morning, not everyone's chart is this interesting, you are just not very lucky...it's not luck though, I know the course has been mapped out for me and I am only along for the ride :)

bobbione8y said...

i have a friend who is in her sixties....she has seriously had about every major illness there IS. in it all, God has been faithful and brought her through. she is healthy today, and she is truly the most beautiful person i know. i can see that He is making you beautiful in unconventional ways also :))

will pray for peace and that good report, my friend.

carey said...

rani, i am praying you through that MRI right now. i am praying it is nothing a few antibiotics can't cure...hang in there. i hate scary! please let us all know how it goes.
love you!

Karen said...

Praying. Sending out prayer email to small group. They are faithful. God is good!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls. It went okay. It was loud and annoying and much more of an ordeal than I anticipated. Now I wait for the results about a week or so I am guessing.