Thursday, May 19, 2011

School's OUT for summer

This morning the kids had field day. It is always on the last day of school. My kids really enjoy it. We are so blessed to have an amazing school and an even more amazing staff who put the kids first every single day. Field day ranks right up there with VBS week for my most favorite days of the year. I remember my own field days way back when...

I missed the first hour of events because of my scan this morning but there were still lots of events for me to watch. We even took the girls to eat lunch at the school. On the way home the girls; tried to catch a squirrel, watched a bird chase the same animal, wanted to feed their apple core to a squirrel, found bugs to catch or step on, stepped on cracks to hurt everyone's back, and collected several dandelion bouquets. It took us 25 minutes to walk 2.5 blocks. But it was well worth every single minute.

Farmer Gavin waits for his turn at the soccer ball kick.
Kick!

Maleah hangs out at the water stop after finishing her obstacle course run.

On Tuesday dad had a meeting at the hospital and I had a list. We decided to eat lunch at the park. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I didn't get all my couponing completed but we made some awesome memories. Nora loved jumping off  these pods.
Addison was just plain enjoying herself.

Take some time this weekend, rain or shine, to just enjoy the world around you. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments: