Sunday, September 04, 2011

Brooding and Baking

Pastor's sermon was about being "great" today. Greatness meaning who is the most important... you know; top dog, head honcho, big cheese....

I think you know where I am going with this, God's most important is pretty much the opposite of the world's most important. Here, in the world, the most money gets you the best seat, the biggest house, the fastest car, the best cut of meat...

The Lord would say that the weakest, lowest, most needful person is the most important. The ones who are furthest from him are his most cherished. We will ALL be there at times in our lives. It is at that time that He will lift us up and carry us in our journey.

I have had a week. I am not proud of my thoughts and actions. I put myself first before others who needed more than me. I thought because I was strong enough to 'get through' that I was better. But I am not. I am not the best. Pastor's sermon gently reminded me to always think of who Jesus would want to help first. The ones who do not know Him. The ones who desperately need Him. I have not done that this week. I am the example for my children. I must be a better example. I begged for forgiveness this morning.

Now I have to get my mind off of my bad week and remember that He has forgiven me. What to do?
I think I will bake some banana bread and some zucchini squares. Yum.

Think about others today.

And an argument arose among them as to which of them might be the greatest. But Jesus, knowing what they were thinking in their heart, took a child and stood him by His side, and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for he who is least among you, this is the one who is great." (Luke 9:46-48).

3 comments:

carey said...

i always think it's awesome that the sermon is exactly what you you need to hear, right when you need to hear it. isn't God cool that way? here's to a better week, my friend.

bobbione8y said...

Rani, there is lots of heaviness in the air over here as well. My words and thoughts go into the crapper (sorry, could think of no other fitting word) the minute stress overwhelms.

I am finding God telling me to look wider, and farther, rather than only at my mess and my sin. He lifts us from our burdens in this way, I think.

Wishing you a wonderful week. And baking, um yes, it does help :)

Unknown said...

Yes, Carey, just today I was listening to the radio and I heard something that I KNOW was meant for me. I never listen to the radio but now I am transporting Addi to and from preschool and I have it on.

Bobbi, yes, it is heavy. I have to keep praying but the weight is very heavy. Lots of things going on, none of which I am sure of. Let go and Let God, right? Much harder to do than to type.

Also, I wish baking and eating didn't go hand in hand...sigh.