Sunday, May 27, 2007

Eat your heart out Granola Girl...


I was standing in line at Wally World the other day to return a very impulsive buy (a peasant maternity top that focused a bit too much on theever largening tum tum) when over the loudspeaker came a manager saying fresh mozzarella was on sale from $4.48 a lb to $1.48 a lb. while supplies last. I bought the last three-quarters of a pound and spent the whole ride home dreaming of what I could make with it. When I finally got to the kitchen I added what I already had; one very ripe tomato, some french baguette bread and a generous pinch of Italian seasonings plus a drip of EVOO (Rachel Ray people...extra virgin olive oil) and VIOLA my own version of bruschetta! I broiled it at 500 degrees for almost 4 minutes and then devoured it in half that time. I should try your strawberry rhubarb jam on the rest of my bread, huh? Maybe we should have a contest to see who can make up the best recipe from anything in the fridge and one newly bought ingredient. I WIN!

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

you can get FRESH mozzarella at walmart?

what kind of rock have i been hiding under?

man, i am tasting that in my head RIGHT NOW.

no reading rani's blog before dinner :))