Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Kindergarten, here she comes...

Well, dd had kindergarten visitation today. We got to got and spend most of the day with her new teacher, the future first graders, and 10 soon to be kindergartners. I was exhausted before we made it through lunch. Dd disappeared into the crowd and I barely got to talk to her all afternoon. At lunch she said to me, "Mom, do you have to sit by me?" I almost choked on my bread. A bit later she said, "You can go if you want mom, I am fine." My throat tightened. I smiled and laughed. At the end of the day when the teacher said, "all the future kindergartners can go find their parents now" she took her own sweet time walking slowly from the tables full of children to me, in the back of the classroom. I believe she is ready. I just wish I was.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Never ready, Rani. I am reminded often that our job is to raise them so that they can leave...