Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Birthday #1

It's impossible for my brain to wrap around the fact that 6 six years and a few hours ago I was in labor for the first time. I get goosebumps just typing about it. She is a bit on the dramatic side (ahem, don't know where she gets that from) and a might bit spoiled (ahem, again) but we love her, every sassy bit of her and we can't believe how fast she is growing up.
We took 4 of her friends and the whole fam damily to dh's sisters apartment building to swim and have a party. It was practically effortless. I cannot believe how much changes in one year. The girls were all on their own. Playing and talking and figuring out the world in their little heads. #2 and #1 were tons more work than the 5 party girls. Anyway, I would do it again tomorrow sans the cake. The castle cake was a big hit. She had me at, "Oh, mommy I LOVE it.". It tasted pretty good, too. Although the frosted ho ho towers had enough sugar in them to launch a body into orbit...good thing I overdosed them all and sent them home to their families.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of #1 this morning. She has been playing with her new toys in her room. I'm waiting for hunger pains to force her to surface.

1 comment:

K~ said...

That party looks very fun. Nice and pink, as it should be :-) K~