Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am refusing to cook supper...

That is it!

I try and try to make healthy foods for my kids and recently they have begun refusing anything that is remotely healthy.

It's driving me bananas.

Last night I made taco soup (little ground beef and onion, peppers, yellow squash, tomatoes, taco seasoning and kidney beans served with shredded cheese and taco chips). THEY REFUSED TO EAT IT. The baby had two 1/4 cup helpings. I took away dessert.

Today I made veggie abc soup from a can and toasted ham and cheese sammies with broccoli and cauliflower and carrot dippers in ranch and fresh peaches. The baby ate her weight in food. Again, refusal from the almost 5 and 7 year old. I am going out of my mind. I took away snacks. Nothing but water to drink is allowed until supper, which I am refusing to cook because I am stomping mad that I have thrown away enough food in the last 12 hours to feed a small underprivileged country...

We'll probably have cereal and they will each eat three damn bowls full. At least milk is healthy, huh?

Grrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey RG - you'll love this post:

http://www.dooce.com/2008/08/12/short-stack

She got her kid to eat a pancake!

Karen said...

Rani, you might try my tactics. I would keep serving that damn soup until they were hungry enough to eat it. I used to wrap plates in plastic and get them out again for the next meal, even if it was breakfast. I did it twice ever for the older boys and three or four times for TM (his mother's stubborn child), but now at 15, 12, and 10, they will eat ANYTHING from beets to Thai food to sushi. I think you have a little rebellion on your hands and you might just consider nipping it in the bud.