Friday, August 08, 2008

Wisdom from my kids

We went to the library at the school the other day. My 6 year old opened the door and took a huge sniff and said, "I love the way the school smells." I wonder how long that will last?

More quotes from my six year old daughter;

"I was born to eat."

"Can I microwave my popsicle?"

"Maybe when I am big I will remember being little. Looking at pictures may help me get my memory back."

"I don't really want a lot of things, but I just like things SO much. Sometimes I wish I had a bigger house so I could have more things."

"Taking care of my baby sister makes me feel like a mom, does that make you feel like a grandma?"

"Mom, today I choose to help dad clean out the Blazer INSTEAD of cleaning my room...not both."

"I really want another little sister but then my brother won't get a bunkbed."

"I wish I could catch the kittens at Grandma's like I can catch gophers."

and one lone quote from the almost five year old;

(Praying at lunchtime the day after daddy told him about the raffle for the four-wheeler at the state tournament.) "Thank you God, for the 4-wheeler contest. I hope we win. Mom, if you win I will give you rides because you don't know how to drive."

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the quotes! The best one came from TM today, while we were eating dinner and getting ready to go to the movies.

"When we get home I'm going to play with my bellybutton."

After some strange looks and serious questioning, he explained--

"I want to be a bellybutton ventriloquist."

Oh. Well, ok.

:-)

Unknown said...

Carey is the best at documenting the quotable quotes of her children. But I had to share some with you all, I wish I was better about taking the notebook with me everywhere I go...