Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The same are very different

Maleah went to school in Gavin's jeans today. I didn't have the heart to tell her. Then, as I was sorting laundry I noticed Gavin's long john's perfectly lining one of Maleah's wide legged blue jeans, I giggled. I wonder how long they will be the same size. People ask me all the time if I have twins, two big and two little. That would be something, wouldn't it?

While I was in the laundry room Nora successfully mastered the stairs. She went up and down and up and down and up and, well you get the picture. I remember Addison just taking her first steps around her first birthday. Nora has been moving for awhile now. Today she gained access to every room in the house. There will be no escaping her wrath!

I wonder what the requirements of a parenting expert are? I mean, I have four children and I am still learning new things all the time. They are all so very different. I can't imagine how many it would take for me to feel like I knew what was coming...perhaps Ma or Pa Dugger would know?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, so this is rather timely for me. TM came down yesterday with his 27x27 skinny Levi's above his ankle bones. He didn't appear to notice so I didn't say anything. After school I had him try on Bubba's 28x28 skinny Levi's, which fit in length but were big enough to go on OVER his 27x27s. Why am I telling you this? I have no idea, except maybe that I'm jealous. And exhausted.

carey said...

be lucky they aren't outgrowing hockey equipment at the speed of light. SIGH.

Unknown said...

I don't think I ever wore a size 27 waist...

Funny story;

Ry took the Gavinator over for wresting practice and when they go home I asked him if I needed to purchase anything for him and Ry said, "no, I think they provide those leotards for the boys..."

Aren't they called unitards or something? I laughed out loud.

Karen said...

Ha! It's a singlet, and WRONG no matter what it's called. :-)