Thursday, December 31, 2009

Today's Scripture verse; the last day of 2009

Remember the former thing, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is not other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

Isaiah 46:9-10 NIV



Mommyville has had an eventful year. I am overwhelmed with parenthood. I am a bit lost at year end, behind in everything and feeling very much frazzled. My hopes and dreams for 2010 are getting pushed back further and further behind simple priorities like keeping the kids fed and the house cleaned and doing laundry.I pray that I keep the Lord high on the list this winter as I need Him now more than ever. I overheard a stranger the other day, talking about her chemotherapy - she was commenting on the effects of the medicine (poison)on her toenails and her skin. For just a fleeting moment I could feel the bruised toes and the numbness in my fingers, taste the metal in my mouth. It was a memory I had forgotten, something I should feel blessed to forget. Today I am thankful for my lungs and the breath that fills them; for the simple, yet miraculous, thump thumping of my beating heart. I am alive. I am loved. I am a child of God. I am not worthy.

Goodbye 2009. May 2010 be full of many more miraculous blessings.

5 comments:

Karen said...

"My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please."

I LOVE it. Thank you.

Remember what that lady at SBucks said to me...
"You are making your legacy. Whatever you're not doing right now, whatever career path or dreams you've put on hold to raise these kids is nothing compared to everything you ARE doing."

Unknown said...

That is EXACTLY what I am talking about...

Thanks Karen :)

Karen said...

You are most welcome, my friend.

I hope last night was EXACTLY what you needed. :-)

bobbione8y said...

Bring on your WILL, Lord, for it is good!

cherk said...

I have been reading your posts frequently and can feel the stress of EVERYTHING you have to accomplish. I am so glad a moment came to feel completely blessed that being alive-truly alive all the good, bad, and busy is all you need.