Friday, April 16, 2010

oh PRAISE the One who paid my debt

I loathe doing the dishes. I procrastinate until we are down to the last fork and plate. It is really awful how much I avoid them. I beg the children to do them and offer bribes of money and ice cream but with the nice weather we have been having I can't get any one to commit. So, I have been forced to do them myself.

To help me get in "the zone" I crank my under the counter cd player up with some rockin tunes from audio adrenaline and kryptonite. I always turn it up loud and sort of lose my self in the song and the suds. I have had the same cd in for so long it has begun to skip. The music was a gift from someone when I was sick.

Anyway, last night I was washing and singing and something came over me. It was...I know it was the Holy Spirit, but it was so beautiful and amazing I don't want to ruin it with words that cannot fully describe the moment. I was so moved, my body was completely covered in goose bumps. I knew right after it happened that I wanted everyone to feel like this. I wanted to climb to the top of the mountains and shout it out loud, "HE washed it white as snow!"

It is so hard for me to imagine someone not knowing about Jesus. My life would be so empty, so completely worthless without God. I pray that everyone everywhere can hear about the debt that Jesus paid. I pray that everyone can feel His amazing love.

I googled the song and it seems I am not the only one who has had "a moment" with these words. I hope you can enjoy this one even if just for a moment.

As for me, I think I need to do a lot more talking about Jesus and for the time being a lot more sinks of dishes :) All to Him I owe! Amen.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you!!!!!

I listened to this for half an hour yesterday afternoon. Very nice after a very sad day in the front office. :-(

ps I'll do your dishes if you iron the WH's shirts.