Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rescue

I am not sure how many of you have almost nine year old girls. But, you can be sure there is no chance of me ever buying a costume that I have seen in the stores or online for my nine year old little girl. They are better suited for much older girls or better yet the rag bucket and there may not enough material for a rag. I was soooooooooooo relieved when Maleah matter of factly decided that she wanted to be a puppy.

I dug out the old sewing machine and cut a huge blanket that I thrifted (and bleached) around her tallish, skinny, shape. Then, I whistled a tune and sewed it up. The result? She looked like gumby. She didn't want me to dye it green so I cut out the belly and added a black piece to make a tummy panel. Um, this is when my sister rescued me.




Stay tuned to see the final result!

5 comments:

KMOSS said...

9 year old boys are MUCH easier. They always want to be football players :-)

Year after year after year...

Unknown said...

I got the seven year old a star wars costume some sort of trooper something or other... he is happy, but would have opted for a football player or baseball player without a flinch :)

bobbione8y said...

um, yeah. will be curious to see how this one turns out :)

Unknown said...

You and the rest of the cyber world will have to wait until I snap the Halloween photo, except for those of you who may see her at the school parade today (inside parade).

But, I guarantee with my sister the amazing and wonderful seamstress, you will not be disappointed and I didn't do such a bad job either with my safety pins :)

Karen said...

For years the boys would dress up in the husband's leftover uniforms and then offend their poor, Air Force pa by declaring themselves Army men.

Nobody has said a word about dressing up this year...