Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Multitudes # 748-762


Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many. Hebrews 12:14-15.

PEACE

This week in first grade they are celebrating peace week. I love the idea of celebrating peacefulness, isn't it kind of oxymoronic? Celebrating peacefulness. Party of peace? Keeping the peace is a lot more difficult to do than to say. I lose my peace moments after I wake up. How can you keep a family of six in peace? It is an undertaking. I sometimes feel like a referee all day long. No wonder I am exhausted by suppertime. LOTS of times I give in and give up the peace along with the whole lot. But, I have found that if I can just hold on to that quiet voice and keep the peace my day goes a lot smoother. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I could never play poker, I can't keep my happiness or my sadness hidden. It IS a poisonous root, really. That root grows deep and all of my kids have stemmed from my root. Sometimes we have happy, sad, mad and goofy all at the same time in the same room. I get stressed out trying to make everyone even and calm at the same time, and my root digs deeper.

This verse is a reminder for me to work at it. It is not easy, but it is necessary. Everyone deserves to feel the grace of God! I challenge you to keep the peace this week.

Lord you bless me with so much everyday. Today I am very thankful for;

ice packs for when I sub for kindergarten p.e. class and the lesson plan involves scooters (the ice was not for me, but my knees could have used them)

sisters with amazing ideas and abilities especially when a 'new' plan is in the works

warm houses when it is cold outside

family movie night

sister in laws who babysit and wear out my kids with fun and games and baking

little girls who fall asleep in the popcorn bowl (see above for clarification)

husbands who are proud of their sons even when they don't really know the sport

sons who are beaming with pride from a first and second place award

friends who make my exercising accountable and easier to swallow

computers that work just enough to let you blog (therapy) and check email

a pile of new yarn that needs to be played with just as soon as I ice my wrist... again

neighbors who call to invite you for dinner and don't care that your kids drag mud all over their house

cars that start and get us from point a to point b without breaking down, we passed several on the side of the road this weekend

brother in laws that give you a ride home from the wrestling meet when your husband ditches you for football

found hershey bars in the back of the cabinet that, mixed with a jar of pb, make a nice treat for stressed out mommies, at least this mommy...

No comments: