Tuesday, January 04, 2011

on being a mommy

I put my boots on at 7:45 am this morning. I am still wearing them and it is 10:15 pm. I got up early to workout, got a phone call to sub before I even broke a sweat and after school I helped with homework, finished a scarf, did the dishes, went to the neighbors for a minute and spent 2.5 hours at a community meeting.

I am tired.

As I left the house for the meeting I got a whiff of a distinct smell. It was sour and sweet and what was it? I followed the scent to the girls room, where I found them both pouring the canister of Parmesan cheese out on the bottom bunk and licking it off the sheets with their adorable, fuzzy with cheese faces.

Welcome to my world. (BIG HEAVY SIGH)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Verrrry nice. :-)

Did you snap a pic, by chance?

My WH was looking through Christmas cards and came across yours...
"Those are some good looking kids." and then a couple of minutes later, "Man, those kids are adorable."

He's a genius.

carey said...

you know what? i haven't been around you for awhile, but your sigh just doesn't seem as heavy anymore. it seems happy :)

by the way, don't you guys need to come to walmart or cabellas or something?

bobbione8y said...

that's a $3.99 can of fun! gasp!