Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sneak peek

This happens to me every summer. I tire of cooking. I dread heating up the kitchen, messing up the dishes, kneading the bread with my hands.
Then one day, a couple of months later, I remember I love cooking. Then I decide to cook everything. It started on Monday. First, I made LOTS of zucchini bread.
 
Then my neighbors came over and we put up over 100 bags of corn.

This morning I had to use up the tomatoes that have been SLOWLY ripening in my garden and QUICKLY ripening in my mom's. So I made 4 quarts of salsa. Then I was hungry and I needed to try out this calzone recipe for sensible sisters. Here is a sneak peak...
Ryan said they were sort of crooked so I should make them again to practice the shape. "Make them again tomorrow," he said. I filled these with homemade salsa, sweet corn, ground beef, and marble cheddar cheese. Yum. Next time I want to make broccoli and cheese, I think or maybe chicken...

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am waaaaay too hungry to be reading this post!

I need to make more tomato-growing friends and also some zucchini-growing friends.

bobbione8y said...

That calzone looks YUM-O - crooked or not :0