Monday, July 02, 2007

Perhaps it's just me...

but lazy days of summer are a thing of the past.

It's already July and I couldn't tell you where my June went. All the bookmarks in my daily devotionals and calendars are stuck on May dates. Shame on me.

Dh has the week off, so this morning I had hoped to sleep in, catch up on some much needed housework and laze the day away. Not in handsome hubby's plan. He was up before 8(not me). Unpacking the pop-up (which now pops up like it is supposed to, but that is another post entirely)so that we (I) can re-pack. He folded the 4 baskets of laundry that I did last night (while I was downloading photos from the Lake Thompson trip) and started attaching the bike rack to the camper so we don't have to fit the kids bikes into the Blazer when we travel. I think his plan is to try and camp near his parents house so that we can visit and enjoy the great outdoors.
The kids are excited because they love swimming and fishing and being outside. I am anxious to maybe finally finish my crocheted baby blanket and start a few little projects I have been wanting to try. My last day in Vemillion I had to get an oil change so I walked over to Pamida while I was waiting and they had all this cool yarn for a quarter a skein. I spent $5 and want to try to make a handbag, a scarf and a few other small things. I also have some reading to do in my Joyce Meyer,Battlefield of the Mind Bible Study. This one caught me hook, line, and sinker with the introduction and reminded me of Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness. I am craving it like I crave chocolate and it promises to be a great study for myself and the handful of amazing women who are attending.

I just now finished putting dh's drawstring tie back in the waist of his favorite (old, and practically worthless) pair of insulated sweats. Oh to be the woman with a waist that required a drawstring to keep my pants on, sigh. A girl can dream, can't she?

So, I think we're off again. I feel like I haven't talked to my friends or family in ages. I think I will take the cell phone along this time and try to catch up.

Thursday is my big ultrasound and NO WE ARE NOT FINDING OUT THE SEX OF THE BABY! My mother has offered me an insane amount of cash to find out, but I can't, I won't, and honestly,I just don't want to know. That's it, end of story. Truthfully, I love being surprised and this will be the third BIG surprise of my life. How many of you can say you have been truly surprised 3 times? I count my blessings.

May you all be blessed with at least one lazy day before summer is gone.

No comments: