Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Clean enough...

It's a good week when I get a shower in every other day. Seriously. I could probably braid my leg hair. If I would have to put myself in a category, I would say I was a morning person. Nothing gets done after 8:30 pm in my house. NOTHING. This morning I cleared the supper dishes off the table exactly 2 minutes before I served a nutritious meal of expired Fruit Loops. Morning person or not, I savor those last few minutes of shut eye before I get up for the day. Perhaps it has to do with getting up every two hours to change a diaper and get a bottle. It would probably make most sense to get in the shower daily after she takes her last feeding around 5 am. But I can't. I won't. My feather pillow beckons me...

So today is the every other day day. It is also clean the baby with more than a washcloth day because I tried cereal mid-morning thinking perhaps I could get her to sleep longer than a couple hours and all it did was make her spit up this clear spit with flakes in it, all morning. She soaked through two bibs and onto her (my first Christmas) outfit. She was a smelly Nelly. So, after I took my son to preschool I took her into the bathroom and put her in her bouncy and hopped into the shower.

I shampooed, scrubbed my face and conditioned. Then I grabbed her and sudsed her up. She LOVES showers, baths=not so much. The cereal must have made her thirsty or at least more aware of the purpose of her mouth and tongue because every time the water came near her face she began to lap it up like a puppy. Then when I propped her on my shoulder, she quickly found that little dip near my collar bone and started slurping. It tickled me and I laughed out loud. She laughed back at me which made me laugh even harder. I was glad daddy was sleeping because I am sure if he would have heard us he would have proclaimed me a mad woman. I tried to rinse off all the slobber she got on me and herself but I can't guarantee that the shower did much more than just get rid of the milk spit up smell, at least temporarily. It'll have to do for another day and a half...

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like some great memories in the making. :)