Saturday, May 24, 2008

6 year old wisdom

We have a half wall (pony?) between the kitchen and living area.

Today (yet again) my son was hanging from it with his upper half as he was shaking a VBS made rain stick at the baby while I was trying to coax her into drinking (from her big cup) the last of her juice.

You know what happens next. The boy loses his grip and CRASH, BANG, BOOM! He, along with most everything else on the narrow shelf, goes flying to the ground.

I look over to my 6 year old daughter who continues eating her lunch. She rolls her eyes and says, (matter of factly-with a mouthful of food) "That's why I am not having kids."

I almost peed my pants.

A few milliseconds later we heard a muffled groan from the other side of the wall, "I'm okay."

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hilarious!

I do hope she changes her mind, though..

carey said...

classic.

and um. that's what i used to say.