Thursday, June 11, 2009

So the sunshine today got my spirits up until I started sweating and then I didn't like it so much.

It seems I can't post unless I have a goofy picture of my kids or I find a good deal.

The kids are attending another VBS this week, it's in the mornings and we are carpooling and with the babes, the Suburban is FULL. I use to giggle at people who had families that filled those big vehicles. Of course I use to laugh at women who had babies right in a row, too. Now the joke is on me.

Leah is LOVING softball. At the game the other night she got five balls hit right to her. She just kept running up to the ball and throwing it to first base. It was sort of weird, like I was watching groundhog day or something. After the game the little first basemen ran to her mom and said, "Mom, can I have a treat? I am SO tired from getting five outs!" I just had to giggle.

The garden is coming along nicely. I have spinach and onions and broccoli and carrots and tomatoes and peppers and cukes and squash and my strawberries are full of little green fruits. Oh, and my spices are looking good, too. The basil is slow, not sure if she will make it, but the parsley and cilantro and dill look great. Thank you Lord for the rain!

Ad is getting her eye teeth. The fevers and the rash on her bum should be evidence enough but of course she has to add a little drama in there, too, and be all grumpy and crabby. My only hope is that after these teeth we get a break for awhile, a long while.

Little Lou Lou is eating veggies and fruits and loves a good Ritz cracker. She is getting a little personality. She is weaning from the jumper, finally. She enjoys rolling around and getting stuck under the piano bench or behind an end table. It won't be long, now.

The other day I took Leah and Ad to the doctor and I had them all along so I just took two umbrella strollers instead of the big bulky double monster wheel stroller with impossible steering. The big kids had matching team shirts on and the babies had their Muckdog jackets on. I thought to myself, I am sure there are people who think I have two sets of twins. Leah and Lil' G are almost exactly the same size. Both size 7 in clothing and 3 in shoes. The babies can wear the same size, too. They are much closer in age and I am sure I will be buying two of the same size for them as well.

Part of me can't wait to see them all grown up and part of me wants them to stay little forever.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

it took me quite awhile to figure out who these kids are, as you are breaking out the nicknames now.

ok. i still don't know who lou lou is :)


ha.

Unknown said...

I knew I should have linked to the nickname post. Lou Lou is little Nora Louise...:)

bobbione8y said...

i had to ask lou about it this weekend, she filled me in.

you know, the OTHER lou :)