Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend wind down

The season of stay up too late, get up too early, no time for anything but a frozen pizza is in full swing at our house. I feel a step behind and a few days late for everything I do.

I tried my hand at couponing again this week. Thought I was prepared for the mega deals until my distracted mommy brain ran a red light. Luckily I was alone in the intersection but the guilt and the fear of the in the mail ticket sort of 'rained' on my coupon deal parade. Averaging the cost of a ticket with the amount saved didn't really help matters. I was in the red, literally. Then, in my guilty haste I bought my son one size one shoe and one size three. The shopping trip was doomed from the start when I forgot some valuable coupons at home and called a friend to try and print them for me. I should have just turned around right then and went back home.

Spent some time at the ball park chasing three kids while holding one. I was on the verge of becoming 'mean crabby mommy' when a simple compliment from a stranger completely reversed my mood. He said, "how old is your blondie, she is precious". Then he proceeded to ooh and aah about how wonderful toddlers are when they are mobile and you have to run around after them. He explained how he and his wife have a 18 month old girl who exhausts them. But, he went on to explain how joyful they are because they also have a 5 year old boy who was born with cerebral palsy and has never even rolled over, let alone moved his legs.

The lump in my throat was hard to swallow as my brain slowly processed what God was trying to tell me. Did I still want to complain about being worn out from holding and chasing my four beautiful, healthy, miraculously made children? Um, nope. I'm good. Thanks for the reminder, heavenly Father, I heard you this time, loud and clear.

Speaking of fathers... hope all of you daddy's had a wonderful day. Chase your kids for a few minutes to remember how awesome they are, will ya?

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

girl, i tried to print out a healthy choice coupon today, and killed my computer. you let me know how the coupon thing goes, because i think it's a curse :)

Unknown said...

I believe you are quite correct. I wish I did not feel like I have to use coupons to make the budget work...maybe someday?

bobbione8y said...

my "budget" is going to involve eating less things that require coupons :)

ha.

Unknown said...

Now THAT sound like a plan.

I really hate those @#$% printables. I am vowing to use what is in the Sunday paper or none at all.