Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer lovin'

Say hello to my little friends. A local welder does these adorable flowers and dragon flies. I LOVE them. Got some for my sister for her birthday. He's got some three times this size, too. Like 'em? Call Rion at 363-3184. Tell him Rani told you about his metal lawn art. The columbine has pretty much taken over this part of the landscaping. I need to do some moving around I think.
Can't remember what this is called but it has also completely taken over my landscaping near the garage. I do like the purple, though.

The big kids went fishing with dad today. See the BIG fish they caught? Squint if you can't. Yep fish appetizers here today:) Dad was cleaning it and Lee says, only two tiny pieces? Dad laughed.

One of my free perennials. Thanks Grandpa Geno! It's beautiful. It's a golden something or other.


Another freebie...no idea what it is but them yellow flowers sure are fancy.

This is called Yarrow, I think. Mom gave it to me. It has gotten completely out of control. I have no idea what to do about it. I hate doing plant abortions. I have got to find somewhere more appropriate for this stuff.


The garden in it's entirety, is that a word?

Rhubarb, spinach, lettuce and carrots and onions that need to be weeded, badly :( At the end past the peonies there is some dill growing and then some big onions.

Here's a shot of the cukes and the melons and more big onions.

Strawberries with feet? Wonky, I tell ya. Dern camera doesn't focus real well one -handed.


Double berry goodness!



Beautiful berries, if you look close enough you can see a critter bite on the red one.

The garden is sure filling out with this warm weather we're having. We have a strawberry patch and if we can get to 'em before the critters, they taste mighty fine. They are pretty wonky looking berries, we got double berries and footed berries but no real regular looking berries, hmmm.
Hope you are getting some sweet summer lovin' at your garden, too!

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

btw, i love your garden! it's so beautiful :) i am jealous of all that space ... :)))

Unknown said...

Thanks, B. I love having a garden, but it is a lot of work. I can't wait for 'maters!

Karen said...

Mmmmm rhubarb. I haven't had that since I lived in SD. Entirety is a word, btw. :-)

Oh, and I like the yarrow. Leave it alone!

bobbione8y said...

you know, ran, i'm having the same thought. as much as i love the garden this year, it's a little more work than i'd like to have to do...might have to scale back some next year...

Karen said...

Scale back. Heh heh. Bobbi said scale back. Anyone want to take bets on that?