Friday, August 14, 2009

stockin' up











The lack of posts should be evidence enough but we have been super busy here at the homefront. I have to clean out a closet today to make room for all my canned goods, it will be a tummy filled winter this year.
My awesome neighbors got in on the fun with corn yesterday. We shucked near 200 ears and put up 40+quart bags of the yummy sweet corn for later.
The community garden will have LOTS of yummies to share this year so get uptown on Saturday mornings early to get the good stuff!
The pickles are almost done for today and I got squash to freeze yet...have a great weekend!

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

awesome.

i am seeing that people are selling sweetcorn for $3 a dozen on craiglist...going to get some for next weekend!

Karen said...

I am cracking up. My friend Rani is a farmer's wife! "shucked near 200 ears" and "get uptown"!!!! Uptown Montrose! Hahahahaha!!!!!

Sorry. Maybe I need more coffee this morning...

Unknown said...

actually it is quite literally downtown from where I live...

Karen said...

My apologies. Maybe it was too much coffee...