Friday, January 25, 2008

pick on someone your own size, bully...

My sister sent me this today. It is a story about a baby, who is receiving chemotherapy in her eye. My heart leapt into my throat as I thought about how blessed I am to have a healthy baby. Pray with me that little Violet can beat the bully.

from the linked article...

Oct. 11, 2007, is a day the Haaks will never forget. That is when Dr. Leidenix looked into Violet’s eyes with his instruments, and his head fell, like he had seen something he did not want to see.

“I don’t know how to tell you guys this,” the doctor started.

Dr. Leidenix told the Haaks that Violet had Retinoblastoma—cancer in both eyes.

“He said it was very unusual that she had bilateral tumors,” Cassie said.

The odds of a child having Retinoblastoma in one eye is one in 20,000, and the odds for both eyes have not been calculated because it is so rare.

The doctor said Violet’s eyes had fluttered because she was trying to see around the tumors, and the fluttering stopped when she could no longer see.

“We thought she was getting better when the fluttering stopped,” Thomas added.

go here to read more...



1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sometimes things just don't make sense :( Thinking of this family.