Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Both baby and I had a check up this week. #3 is in the 99th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. Not bad for a baby born at 37 weeks, huh?

I am measuring at 31 weeks and my doctor goes on vacation on October 10th until the end of the month. I am hoping she chooses to induce me at 38 weeks, around October 9th. We'll see.

Everything else is looking good. I am gaining :( normal amounts of weight and I am pretty sure I passed the glucose test with flying colors (no gestational diabetes here...we just make 'em big on our own).

I was able to catch lunch with dear friend on Tuesday and with my mom today. It was nice. I even got to shop the clearance racks at Target and get some pretty good deals :) As we left Target today a little after 12 it was pouring rain in sheets so much that the parking lot was almost flooded. My feet got sopping wet. All I could think about was an email I once received about running in the rain. Something about letting go and letting God take care of you. I loved watching the baby trying to lick the rain drops while we rushed to the car. It was worth getting wet.

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

I can't believe you are that close to having your new one. How time flies. But maybe it's not going that fast for you. Being pregnant can get long at the end.

And I can't believe you were talking about sheets of rain! Rain? What's that? We haven't had any of the wets stuff since June. I would take a rainy day anytime now. In the meantime, I'll picture your little one catching raindrops in my mind!

carey said...

i only pray that the next little gordon is as sweet and beautiful as the other three. you are so blessed.