Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cameraless...

It was bound to happen, especially since I was unarmed; without a camera.

The baby stood for almost 5 seconds yesterday. I could have gotten in on film but my lovely sister accidentally took my camera home with her.

Then, #1 and #2 went gopher hunting. By chance, one ended up in the window well and wouldn't you know it? They caught the @#$! thing. Really! They schemed up a plan to trap it with a piece of gutter and make it crawl into a tote. Unbelievable. I was unable to document any of this amazing 2 hour adventure. But, memories are worth more than a thousand words, don't you think?

My husband got home about an hour after the gopher wrangling and he remembered that I had bought a cheap digital camera for the kids on clearance and hid it in the closet. Why couldn't I remember that? So he did capture one photo. The rest of them he must have messed with the flash because they didn't turn out at all.So, without further ado, my kids the gopher wrestlers...
Shortly after this photo we released him because, "he keeps eating his bed". #1 made him a bed of grass and sunflower seeds and he kept eating it, oh, and he pooped. #1 said she didn't want to keep cleaning his poop so we should probably just let him go. Good idea, huh? I'm afraid he wouldn't have made it through the night. Let us not think about how terrible the world might be with one less gopher, shall we?

5 comments:

Karen said...

You don't need no stinkin' schedule, lady! You've got kids and gophers!

Pizza is simmering in the pot. Kids are already drooling. I used hamb., omitted the shrooms (I have a bunch of flipping whiny mushroom haters here), used spag sauce, turkey pepperoni, ziti pasta and added a little water to (hopefully) cook the pasta I was too lazy to pre-cook. Will let you know how it goes over.

:-)

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmmmm, they are gonna love that. I am making beef stroganoff (with mushrooms) so I won't share the recipe with you,my crew loves the shrooms...

The gopher wranglers are not wrangling today.

Karen said...

Shoot. I just did the math, and it won't work for you to give me my new baby while I'm in SD. Guess I'll have to make a separate trip.

Would LOVE it if you came.

Unknown said...

Keep us in the loop. Would LOVE a trip to the hills if baseball and baby allow...

Anonymous said...

That is quite literally the coolest thing two kids could do on a summer day.

I can see 'em 30 years from now... "Hey, remember when we caught the gopher?"

Freakin' hilarious.