Friday, July 11, 2008

Random thoughts for TGIF...

I just rocked my almost 9 month old to sleep. It doesn't happen that often, she puts herself to sleep 90% of the time. But the Lord knows I need a little soft baby snuggling every now and then and helps me find the time to enjoy a few precious stolen moments...

The baseball game is at the Birdcage tonight. It is the late game, set to begin at 8 which means probably 8:30 or later. I have some awesome friends who will be taking the older kids to a fireworks display while I have the baby at the game. The wind is out today and the heat is not quite as thick and makes it a little easier to be out in. After Tuesday nights game I know the guys are looking for a fresh start with some new energy. Dh got an email today that read, "Just a reminder to start taking your ibuprofen for tonight. I don't want any sore arms come game time, so start dosing it up now. I want the arms good and oiled up.(dh), start splashing on your after shave smelling cream rub stuff that you can smell from a block away." Before most games I help dh apply icy hot to his shoulder. I don't mind because it relieves the pain in my sore wrists, I had no idea the team was so aware of it. It made me giggle.

We got the rare chance to drive up North to see my sister last weekend. It was a short visit, but fun. The kids went up the day before with Grandma and spent the night. They were pooped. Here are some shots of the 5 hour road trip home. Yep, that's a cheese cracker in my son's mouth. We weren't even out on the highway yet and he was out.

We have started swimming lessons to which my oldest child said,"Mom, why do we go to lessons? We never go to the pool." I admit that I am not the super mom I wish I was. It is hot and I hate the heat. I have good intentions most days. Then the kids act up and I don't feel like rewarding them and causing intense irritation for myself. Today, they are all sleeping so I get some quiet time with the one in my belly and the computer...

Last night we had the end of the year t-ball game and picnic. The kids had a wonderful time. The heat was unbearable but the water balloon and squirt gun fight quickly solved that problem. In this small village we have amazing volunteers that give up two nights a week for two months to pitch the ball to tiny wanna be ball-players. It takes an immense amount of patience and sacrifice. I appreciate it and I know many other parents who do as well. Thanks Mrs.P and Vic!


The child I am growing is getting big. My doctor visit yesterday confirmed the fact that I am measuring large, again. I am sure I will be as big as a house by the due date. The heartbeat has been pretty consistent so I think I have a good guess about the sex of the baby. You know, maybe I will be right the fourth time? I am not gaining a lot of weight but my middle is HUGE and it makes even normal every day tasks pretty difficult. So, if I answer the phone out of breath you know it was the walking to the phone that did it and NOT anything else...

This weekend is jam packed(again) with activities including; a pool birthday party, a much anticipated return of the Cornbelt All-Star game on Sunday and a couple of important planning meetings. It should keep me breathing pretty heavy...

3 comments:

K~ said...

I love the upside down sunglasses. K~

Alexis Jacobs said...

I love when my kids fall asleep in the car.

Karen said...

I noticed the glasses, too! TM used to wear his that way...on purpose. It matched his backwards shirts.

Wonderful pics, Rani. I bet the quiet time was great, too.