Friday, October 03, 2008

It's all a part of the Big Plan...

Okay, I admit when the nurse called me this morning and told me that the induction date had been pushed back to the 14 of October I was completely caught off guard. I kept kicking myself for not waiting the 2 extra hours to see my doctor yesterday so I could have talked to her in person. I was angry at myself for believing her when she said that she would take me before she went on her two week vacation and not leave me to labor with a doctor I don't know from a mad scientist. I thought to myself how in the world am I going to make it another 11 days. Then I took a deep breath and prayed.

I asked God to help me relax and put this baby first and not care about aches or pains or how big of an episiotomy a 10 pound baby requires. I asked Him to give me the good health and the patience to bring this baby into the world in the safest way. I asked Him to be with my doctor and to help her make the wisest choice for my health care. I asked God to bless her vacation as I know she works hard and need some time off to relax and refresh. I thanked Him for the three blessing I have already and for the opportunity to bring a fourth one into our lives. I thanked God for the opportunity to have three birthdays in October, none of which fall on the same day, I hope:)

Then I felt much better:)

It really is better for that baby to cook a little longer anyway, right?

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i still can't tell whether it's better to be in those last wee moments of pregnancy, or to be a mom of 4...

you will let us know a bit later on, won't you?!

:) thinking of you. praying for God's timing, and blessings of course!

carey said...

rani, you know life is going to get a little crazy soon enough. i think you are supposed to try to slow down and enjoy things for another week...

i will pray for ya.

Unknown said...

You prayed a great prayer! And just so you know...a lot of people are praying for the same things you are!

Can't wait for the new baby!

And yes...longer is usually better as far as the baby staying in the womb (not that you didn't already know that-just trying to make you feel better!)

Karen said...

Of course I'm praying, but I just cannot force myself to click on the episiotomy link..

Unknown said...

Yes, I wondered how many of you may click, it's just a black and white drawing if my memory serves me correctly...


Thank God for the wonderful craziness of motherhood. Just let me breathe in and out once in awhile, okay?