Friday, March 27, 2009

Things, they are a changing...

Yesterday we had some unannounced visitors. The house was, at best, in shambles. Toys, baskets of laundry and counters of dishes were a few of the distractions. Most disgusting was a bag of icky smelly trash sitting right by my back "front" door.

It was a long crazy week, much like the past week and the week to come. So I guess I can say it was pretty much normal which is really not "normal" at all.

I spent a good amount of time going through the baby clothes. Nora is wearing pants that Addison was wearing last week. It is going to be an interesting ride with those girls. I also had dad put together the second crib for Addi so she can graduate to her "new" room and we can begin getting our bedroom back from the babies.

Anyway, the house was a mess. But the crazy thing was I didn't freak out about it. I sat and had coffee with my mother in law and listened to her explain that the moment I cleaned the house there would be no company. (I guess I was mentioning it out loud then, wasn't I) Carey stopped by with the Bible Study dvd and had to walk right past the stench of dirty diaper garbage. I just shrugged my shoulders and visited with her like there wasn't an elephant in the room. And, you know what? It worked.

I still feel a little guilty about not having a put together house, but as long as there is a toddler to take out the play food, there will be messes to clean up after.

I think I will live by the refrigerator magnet motto; My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it. (even it is a little far from the truth)

In other unrelated news:

We use a satellite to watch television. The remote we use actually cannot be pointed at the tv, it is pointed up toward the ceiling on a good day, sometimes toward the wall or the floor to reach the receiver which is in the basement.

Anyway, today I caught Addison holding the remote in the middle of the living room, waving and pointing it in every direction wildly. I suppose that is what we look like when we try to change the channel. I laughed so hard I peed my pants, which isn't really that big of a deal anymore, but it was funny.

There you have it. Another moment in the life. Aren't you glad you stopped by today?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Yes! Great story, if I hadn't just visited the little girls room...

Um, one thought. Taking back your room from the babies....is that how you get more babies? Just sayin.

Unknown said...

probably...

Karen said...

I really and truly get the next one!

Unknown said...

I am not so sure I am up to that challenge...

carey said...

Rani, honestly, the only thing I noticed at your house was how I could have stayed all day. You really DID look happy, and so did Ryan, and of course, those kids just take the cake. I told someone "I was at Rani's and they were having so much fun just talking and playing with the babies..."

Kind of made me want another one. Can I have the one AFTER Karen gets hers?

Unknown said...

I find it hard to believe you could not smell poopy diaper...but thank you for not noticing.

If there are any babies that I don't want, you two will be the first women I call...