Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spanish Rice

just throw it all in and let it cook this is a before shot


This is tonight's supper, a request from my oldest...





2 lbs ground beef, browned


2 medium onions, chopped


2 green peppers, chopped, I almost always use one green pepper and one jalapeno


28 oz. can of tomatoes (or a jar or two from the pantry of home-canned)


2 cups water (maybe more later)


2.5 tsp of chili powder


2 tsp. salt (maybe more later)


2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


1.5 cups rice, uncooked, not that instant minute stuff either...





Brown the burger, throw it in the crock with everything else. Cook all day... 8-10 hours. You may need to add water, be careful not to stir as it gets mushy:) I just eat mushy, but if you are concerned about how your food looks, don't stir it!

Add a side of fruit and you got yourself a meal.



Serve with shredded cheese on top, or roll up in warm corn tortillas. YUM!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think I might get away with this if I did your jalp subbing. This is the house of no bland foods..

I took the WH off of red meat, I can't tell you why or Bobbi will die of horror. Anyway, what do you think this would be like with turkey breast?

Unknown said...

he he he

I think ground turkey would work well, or beans...

Karen said...

ooooooh, beans. You are a wonder Rani Sue (Lynn? Marie? Elizabeth?)!