Sunday, March 07, 2010

I just shaved (no pun intended) 20 minutes off my morning routine.

Maleah's last few moments of 2nd grade long hair and her last "do".


Maleah hasn't slept well in a week. She has been super excited to get her hair cut. She has been growing it out for sometime with intentions to give 10 inches to locks of love. She has been inspired by stories like that of Layla Grace to make a difference.

She counted down the days and the hours until chopping time. Judy, at Salon Sollievo (605-275-2668) * was awesome! Thanks Judy, you made Maleah (and her nervous mommy) comfortable the whole time.






I am proud of her for wanting to help another person with her donation, but I gotta be honest with you. I liked her long hair. This morning it was awfully wierd looking at her tiny bob-framed face.

This morning in church I unsuccessfully tried to hide my giggles as she whispered to me, "I don't know how the babies recognize me with my "new hair"...they must remember my face or maybe my painted nails..."

I underwent my own hair transformation a week ago. I was way too chicken to take 10 inches off...



*shameless plug for the most awesome hair designer in the world!

6 comments:

Karen said...

You both look FABULOUS! I love that bob on that gorgeous little girl (who I love, even though we haven't met--YET), and her mom looks sleek and sharp and very well coiffed!

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen, now if I could only get rid of the double chin...

Karen said...

Yeah, well. We all need a goal, right? :-)

bobbione8y said...

she's cute - both ways! more 'little girlish' with the bob. perhaps you might appreciate that for awhile longer!

ps. those are some funkster specs you are wearing! you make me want to shop for a cooler me!

Unknown said...

http://www.zennioptical.com/home.php?cat=20

the specs...

I bought four pairs. They were $8 a piece for the lens', too. I could have bought a dozen.

Yes, the little girlish part is good, she is only 8.

Tracy said...

I am soo soo proud of Maleah!! What an awesome thing to do for someone else!!