Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Thing one and Thing two


Today is Dr. Suess Day in the village.

Last night we read a gazillion books and the kiddos came up with the idea that they wanted to dress up. We took some electrical tape and some inside out t-shirts and made up our own costumes. When these two were the baby girls' ages, people always asked me if they were twins and they are 22 months apart. I can't image what life will be like for the little girls being only, ahem, 11.5 months apart.

Anyway, Happy Dr. Suess Day, and to Maleah and Gavin's teachers, I am sorry...they were just so excited about it I kinda overdid it with the spikey hair. It was interesting finding accessories to keep their ears warm. Hopefully they aren't too distracting today!

:)

7 comments:

carey said...

LOOK at maleah's hair! sheesh. that is an art. i bet your kids are the hit of the school today. man, are they cute or what?

Karen said...

THAT, my friend, is cool.

You win the Mommy Prize today. Probably even this week.

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, tell me how you took $100 off your grocery bill. I think it deserves a post.

Unknown said...

T-minus 4 days till Locks of Love, Carey. We are both ready for it. She has 13 inches of hair from the base of her neck to the ends...

I am still learning the couponing craft, Karen. It is not economical for me to spend two hours on a task that should only take me less than one, but saving $100 was good. Coupons, doubling coupons and lots and lots of patience... I will post when I get better at it.
This time in particular I had lots of free coupons thanks to surveys and mailing lists!

bobbione8y said...

You have the cutest kids on the planet. seriously, you do. the big ones AND the little ones!

Karen said...

So you're time is worth more than $100 an hour? I'm laughing, because MINE isn't! Also, commissary day always takes me 2.5, not including unloading and putting away.

No wonder I hate it so much.

Unknown said...

Well, while I am away dad is home with the girls and he is always waiting for my quick return which weighs heavily on my shopping experience. It is worth so much more than $100/hour. So. Much. More. But unfortunaely never really balances out in my favor.

Karen said...

I think I'm just not going to comment on a husband wanting for you to hurry while shopping for the very food he eats.

Or maybe I should have a chat with him.