Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cherries




Yesterday, my son noticed the cherries on the tree in the front yard. I,completely buried in the unpack mode, said, "we should tell the neighbors about them before the birds eat them all." Every year I see them turning and then I forget and the birds clean the tree out in a matter of hours.

So, the neighbor came over with her grand quintuplets who are teenagers now. They picked and I complained about pitting the cherries and she told me a neat little trick about using a straw to pit them.

This morning she brought me two pints of cherry jelly.

Yum!

Anyone want some cherries?

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

YES!!! my little tree had 6 on it this year, i think it will be a while before i can make sour cherry jam :)

you have ALL the good stuff ;)

CLM said...

Now I am posting.

Unknown said...

Can't take the credit for all the good stuff. Most of it was here when we moved in...


Hi CLM! Miss you.

Karen said...

I do! Dangit.