Friday, June 11, 2010

Yesterday and Today



Yesterday I took a couple of photos of the progress in the garden and of the strawberries that some pesky rabbit or birds are feasting on.

This morning I woke up and found this.

It seems there is a wood duck, or was a wood duck laying eggs in the old tree. Half of the tree is down.

Guess that teaches me to complain about the pesky rodents eating my garden.
I lost my 'maters for sure and some squash, too. I may be able to salvage some of the others depending upon how long it takes me to get that trunk out of the way :)

Some friends weren't so lucky. Their camper rolled three times in their driveway and ended up inches from the front porch. No one was hurt and that was the worst of the damage locally, I believe.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. Poor 'maters.

bobbione8y said...

i kind of hope that little duck is okay ;))

wow. i am so sorry. i HATE when trees fall down. i want them to live forever.