Monday, February 21, 2011

hair addiction



I have scheduled hair cuts for the girls tonight. All three of them. All. THREE. of. them. My stomach is in knots. It is killing me slowly to think of those tiny blond curls dropping to the floor.

The word addiction can be defined as "what we devote ourselves to habitually". I can see things all around me that are addictions. I devote time to my computer, the girls' hair, food...do I devote the same time and attention to my God?

Psalm 86 1-3 reads, "Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly."

I am thankful that God hears us, answers us, protects us, saves us, and shows mercy on us as we devote ourselves to Him. I know that I need this encouragement and God's help to devote, serve and trust God instead of all the other addictions I give into- things that have no importance in God's plan.

It grows back, right? That is what I keep telling myself. Asking the Lord to remind me of what is important will help me get through this, too. It will still be painful, I know. But I will get through it.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i'm with you rani, but they will always have those adorable FACES :)

Unknown said...

even after being snowed in for the last two days I can't argue with adorable:)

bobbione8y said...

can we see some updated pics? ;)

Unknown said...

soon, I promise. They are so not pretty right now with under eye circles and fevers...