Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tiiiiiiimmmmmmeeee is on HIS side, yes it is.

I am here.

I am about a month behind in everything, but I am here.

One of the misconceptions people have about stay at home moms is that we have more time. Time to keep things in order, time to spend playing with our children, time to clean and cook from scratch.

I am here to say hogwash.

I have less time now in my day to day duties than I have ever had in my life. There is not enough time to sleep, not enough time to get ready in the morning, not enough time to make a real meal, not enough time to run an errand, not enough time to finish that sink of dishes, not enough time to make an appointment, not enough time to read Brown Bear for the millionth time...

I have hardly enough time to breathe sometimes. That is what it feels like anyway. My problem is prioritizing my time. Today after chasing the littles and bigs around all morning and finally feeding them lunch at 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon, I grabbed my devotional for the first time in a month. This is what it said;

Turn your heart toward God. This is what the Lord says, "Turn to me now, while there is time, Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning." Joel 2:12

Guess whose timing is PERFECT?

This is what this means to me, a poor sinful being... God sees clearly into our spiritual hearts. God is not impressed with outward show (a clean house), but He is looking for people whose hearts are seeking Him. Throughout the Bible we are reminded that no one is outside the scope of His love. Even if we've moved away from God, we can turn toward Him with a repentant heart, and He will strengthen us!

Make time everyday for God. He will do the rest. It seems simple but it is not. I pray that you have time this week for Him.

3 comments:

shirley said...

The Lord definitely puts his message in places where we will see it. This morning due to the weather we do not have church and so I opened my reader and your blog was on my home page with this post, which to me feels like the Lord reaching out to me with a message that I desperately needed to hear in this moment.
I appreciate the heartfelt honesty you put into your blog. Thank for the reminder and thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

See? PERFECT timing. As always. Blessings to you this week Shirley!

Karen said...

Yes, so true. Thanks, Rani.